Self-fit Fitting Guide
How to fit your SAFEJAWZ self-fit mouthguard
This guide gives guidance on how to fit your SAFEJAWZ Intro-Series, Extro-Series or Ortho-Series Mouthguard. For help taking your Custom-Series dental impression, click here.
Firstly, you will need;
- A Kettle
- A Bowl
- A Mirror
- Cold running water
- A Spoon
- Boil the kettle and pour the hot water into a bowl.
- Immediately place the mouthguard into the hot water for 30 seconds. If before the 30 seconds is finished the mouthguard begins to shrink, remove immediately and continue to the next step.
- Carefully remove the mouthguard from the hot water with the spoon.
- Lick your lips and carefully place the mouthguard into your mouth.
- Watching in the mirror, line the mouthguard up with the centreline of your upper teeth and bite down gently on the mouthguard, closing your lips over the mouthguard. Be careful not to bite through the mouthguard.
- Suck the mouthguard while using your fingers on the outside of your lips to gently press it into your teeth and gum line. Do this for 30 seconds.
- Remove the mouthguard and place under cold, running water for 30 seconds.
- Place back in the mouth and test for a tight fit. If the fit isn’t perfect, repeat the whole process again.